11-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #16
MyF15+F85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 and 2015 F15

bumper cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbru View Post
So I noticed this on the rear bumper of the car today...it s avery small "lump" that is annoying me so much as I'm super anal about what the car looks like...

I have no idea what could have caused it but I'm hoping one of you can...

Before I purchased the car I asked the dealer to respray the rear bumper due to a couple of scuffs - could this be something to do with a poor respray?/

Going back up to the dealer is not really an option as I am 300 miles away but if it is a body shop error I'm hoping I can somehow get a local BMW dealer to help repair

Thoughts???
Well, I have read couple of the responses, and what I can tell you is that haven't checked your car very good... What I mean is that if your car has original paint, you should find this little bump at the rear of the car ( bumper cover ) . Yes you should all have it. If not then it probably means that the bumper cover was in fact sprayed.
That little bump annoyed me at first and then I went to the dealer and looked at another new car, and there she was little zit at the back.

I have no idea if this is a defect from that particular mold, or .... the design team left it there for some unknown purpose , in any case I do not have time to take the picture of mine, but it is EXACTLY the same as yours. It is roughly in the center lower portion of the bumper, right ?
Appreciate 0