View Single Post
      05-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #15
topologe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 13 Porsche 991 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilfz View Post
I feel like venting a bit and see how you guys deal with this issue as the same thing happened to me on my M3 at a different shop.

So I dropped off my F10M5 at a reputable BMW dealer body shop to have them fix a small dent that someone made while I was parked in the rear and needed a touch of paint applied. Friend of mine recommending this place as they do great work. So I brought the car there and while I got right in front of the place, I took a video of the mileage on the car with the date and time showing and recording that it was in front of that specific shop (yes call me crazy) because I wanted to make sure no additional miles are being added besides from the parking to the shop which is right there yards away. After speaking to the service guy he said no problem we can fix it in 2 days and I strictly told him that I dont want to see joy rides in this car and no additional miles being added, he said of course we are professional we wouldnt do such a thing bla bla. So today I went to get my car, I was very satisfied with the work they've done and shook the guys hand and told him great job hopefully I wont ever need to get anything else repaired but if I do I will be back here. Went inside the car, looked at the miles, and oh man, 15 additional miles. Don't get me wrong, it might not be a lot, but I was freaking pissed. Why do you have the need to take the car for a joy ride, risking it into an accident and also I am sure it was no babying it. Went back inside and asked politely why the extra miles, he looked at me dumbfounded and said "oh I didnt know how to put it in parking so I took it to our dealership" into the service to make sure that it works properly". So Ive told him if I go into the service they should have it registered that the car was in the shop and of course he said no and that he just spoke to the service guy and apparently couldnt call them on the phone. I was freaking pissed. Obviously he didnt take the car there and was making up bs. He said he was sorry and I also yelled at the assistant manager and told him how frustrated I was and all they said "sorry" and they can give me a "free wax job" or maybe a discount when I come back in. Obviously I told him I am not here to look for free stuff, I paid you to do one job and you had to take my car out. Nothing they could say.

Now you might say ok relax its no big deal, but I worked hard for this car and do not appreciate people f***ing with the car. This is the second time this happens to me but with a diff shop and my prior car which was a M3 which was done at a different body shop not to mention that it had 50 additional miles.

Feel my frustration? Ugh!!!!

Does this happen to you?
Many years ago when I had my e46 M3 serviced, my service advisor did donuts on my car, which got him fired. He did not realize that the tire wear from doing donuts would show. I would take 15 miles anytime.
Appreciate 0