View Single Post
      03-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #207
(H)
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (after F10 M5 ;-)

Smile Newbie - Still at dealership with my pants on fire!

Dear All,

I just joined today and am excited to be here, thanks for having me. Reason: I just got my first M car ever, the F10 M5 in Singapore grey with black Merino interior.

The beauty is still at the dealership for delivery prep. I bought it on Friday and asked them to

a) take off the M5 badge
b) take of the the rear (trunk) spoiler
c) install black fender grills (the front grille came already in black)

Are the above modifications a complete no-no to established M owners rules? What other tweaks would you suggest (other than having the exhaust tips of a 535i installed - something that I would btw find very cool ;-)

It was really hard to find this car because I definitely wanted the standard (19" wheels not the much more agressive 20"ers). There were only 4 on the entire East coast. My dream combination would have been Space Grey with Silverstone II but after various considerations and looking at another two months wait for the car to be built, I decided to take the stock unit.

Had a very funky experience in negotiating the deal and deciding which dealership to go through. But I don't think I am allowed to post dealership comments here, correct?!

I would love to get together with the other 6 owners in NJ or possibly with more in the Tri-State area. Is there a gathering any time soon, I obviously missed the Long Island get-together.

Again, excited to be here. I will certainly post a plethora of pics and a detailed report once the car is sitting in my driveway.

Best,
(H)

Appreciate 0