03-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #185
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 32 View Post
DCT is NOT an Automatic, "Bud".
Hello again. Like I said earlier I am not going to argue it with you. I give you an "A" for effort though. You are a persistent little guy aren't ya?

Quote:
(Yip, they do not classify DCT as an automatic in the article and that is CLEAR). THE POINT OF THE ARTICLE is that only an Automatic AND NOT A NON-AUTOMATIC such as DCT will be offered (wheter it is a bogus article or not is another story).
The terms used in the article are BS, since its really all just a buncha bunk.

That said, in fact, the point of the article is that neither a manual transmission nor a DCT transmission will be used in the next M5. This upset both folks who prefer manual transmissions over automatic transmissions, and those who perfer DCT transmissions over the traditional planetary and torque converter type. So then, very few people were ultimately pleased by the premonitions that the MT writer made. Thankfully though, the bulk of the evidence has since suggested that the "no DCT" part is BS. For the manual folks though, it looks like they are indeed out of luck.

Hey, no need to post up my old posts again, by the way. I remember what I said and anyone who does not can easily go back through the thread. Speaking of that, thanks for finally reading the entire thread though - it helps to know you understand the history of the discussion. Maybe next time you can read the whole thing first instead of just coming in after 100 posts with no new information. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0