View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2103 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
When you are getting an M5 that haggling over 1-2k more to squeeze the dealer seems a waste of time and effort, feel happy you had a reasonable deal for both parties and that you have a relationship with your dealer who does not consider you a cheap shot and will therefore give you better service. Currently there are a lot of unsold M5's in dealers and therefore limited allocations for M5, probably no more than 20 left in the US, so you will likely have to wait a bit more than usual until BMW releases more M5 allocations for confirmation unless your dealer has an allocation in hand. I am on that same boat. Still with 5 months to go you will not have a problem. When is your date for ED? I am getting my M5 in June 21.
I echo your sentiments exactly -- when buying a $100K+ car, a couple thousand dollars doesn't make a huge difference. My ED date has not been set yet--my choices are June 18 or June 25 (depends on when my in-laws can come to watch the kids so me and my wife can enjoy a beautiful week in Germany, Lake Como, etc.).
Appreciate 0