View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
earlfocht
Rep
Drives: '13 M5, ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
Unfortunate for the two that got sick. Were they driving or passengers with an inductor when it happened? Just curious..
The guy who actually vomited was alone, driving the M3 on the full track (but following an instructor). But then after that, he seemed to be fine, and even joked about it for the rest of the day.

I feel particularly bad for the other guy, who started to feel motion-sick and couldn't participate in most of the events at all. The instructors were very accommodating and even offered to have him come back the next day for free to try again, but unfortunately he just couldn't do it. Nice guy, too.

The toughest parts for the motion-sensitive:

- The sharp incline on the track, which immediately makes your stomach fall even if taken at a moderate speed.

- The oversteer-correction exercise on the skid pad. This one almost got me sick, and I don't usually have motion problems. People were sent in pairs with an instructor in an M3, and the non-driving participant could optionally sit in the back seat while they waited for their turn at the wheel. So you had people being whipped around hard, in the back seats, as the cars drove around a big circle, fishtailed, and spun 180-360 degrees at high speeds, repeatedly, as the drivers slowly learned how to correct oversteer.

You could optionally NOT sit in the back seat while waiting for your turn, and just wait on the sideline. I highly suggest that anyone even remotely motion-sensitive take that option.
Appreciate 0