View Single Post
      04-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #7
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
I know the purists are going to want to hang me for this, but I think my M5 should be AWD, and wish it was. And let me start by saying I "mostly" love the car.

I come to this conclusion after only a few weeks with her, but there is just too much power coming out of the rear wheels to effectively put it to the ground. Like most of us, I experience wheel spin at every turn, etc. Hit the gas at 40MPH, wheels are spinning all over the place.

For me, this car should be AWD and inspires little confidence as RWD. Yes yes, I know it's supposed to be driven like a man should drive it, but its still a 2 ton luxury sedan that most of us drive on the public road every day.

Why do I think I am going to hear it for this........
If you wanted a car with efficient performance....every once of power making it seemlessly to the tarmac....you should have bought a GT-R, an E63S or RS7. I like knowing that the car can be a beast and that it needs to be respected at all times. You can leave the traction control on and you won't be going sideways...or having fun. Maybe you should look into professional driving instruction if you lack that much confidence in the car. That isn't meant to be an insult, but instead something constructive for you to build the confidence necessary to better exploit the capabilities of the M5.
Appreciate 0