View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
sl0westz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW e92 m3 ess vt1. AW F10 m5

Nav issue anyone?

I'm not sure if its just me or is the BMW navigation just simply sucks.. I never order any of my BMWs with nav, because I had really bad experience with my 2007 335 and since then I never used a BMW nav .. So now I have the m5 and nav can not be ordered without and I do see the difference with the new cic being a lot better than the old ccc .. So I decided to use nav on my road trip the past week from New York to Virginia ... I started having issues right away.1) nav takes to long to determine where exactly I am , I actually had to " stop guidance " and restart before it knows where I am ...2) tells me to turn at places where there's no way to turn and when I passed it , it tells me to make " u turn" and still points me to a road that does not exist .3) the voice Instrution is never on point, it talks when it wants to talk and often it's very late for giving instructions and sometimes whe. It's time to turn it simply just don't say anything.
So I just used my iPhone the whole way and its so much faster and easier.. Does anyone have the same issue or is it just that I don't know how to use the navigation system ?
Appreciate 0