Thread: Opti coat 2.0
View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

I had mine opticoated yesterday. My detailer offered to do Opti/CQuartz/22PLE as he has lots of experience for all three. His experience was that 22PLE was much like CQuartz -- you get a deeper gloss, but the product doesn't seem to last as long. The opti, while still looking good was much more durable and lasting (and has a long history of proven results as stated above). Since the car is my wife's DD, I chose the Opti 2.0.

I watched him apply the product, and must say its very easy to apply, is very obvious when it flashes, and where it might need to be leveled. If the car didn't need some polishing for the inevitable BMW spidering in the clear coat thanks to dealer washes, I would have done it myself.

I did not have it put on the windows, however. My detailer stated that he preferred aquapel for that, and that he didnt like using products in ways they arent advertised. He did state that Opti is working on a glass product. For now I am using Pinnacle Glass Coat.