03-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #26
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
are you saying that Sprint Cup cars aren't adept at road tracks? keen observation there. however, it's neither pitiful nor hilarious...it's just a good test of the drivers in the series to navigate courses that the cars were ultimately not even designed for.

i'm a big fan of F1, Indy, and Nascar. if you don't like one series or the other it's because you don't get it, not for any other reason.

a lot of people are sounding a little bit bitter that USF1 balked at this chance to get in. it's not really a reflection of the US or the people who live there that one company's project failed.
I sense a lot of sarcasm in your response. And yes, I was saying that neither the cars nor the drivers know how to handle a road course. It is funny watching them flounder, and it is pitiful that they do. But then again road courses just arent what they do, I mean common there are right hand turns

Where did I ever deny not getting it? I know that I dont understand the appeal of nascar. Its why I dont watch it.

Unfortunately, the USF1 debacle will have ramifications for the world's view of americans. The world judges the us by the actions of its citizens and the stereotypes of americans that they already have. The world's view of americans is that we are a bunch of overweight idiots who cant really do anything right anymore, USF1 has added more fuel to the fire in that regard.

Appreciate 0