View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

wow. what dealer is this quoting you all these BS bogus fees that I have never heard before.

In Ontario, dealers have some hidden bogus fees but to that extent is totally unbelievable.

For M5, these are common fees charged by GTA BMW dealers:
Freight & PDI - $2095 (typical) but some charge as much as $2200
dealer admin fee - $399 (typical), some may charge $499
A/C tax - $100
OMVIC - $5
Tire levy - $23 (some dealers don't charge, like BMW Toronto & Parkview)
Fuel - $90 (typical), some may charge $120 - $150

Bogus fees:
Wheel locks $90 (BMW Toronto & Parkview - thrown in free of charge)
Nitrogen air for tires - $70
Globali theft insurance/recovery coverage - $300 (not all dealers have this)
mats - comes in carpet already - if you want rubber mats, don't pay .. simply write it into the purchase agreement

I had bought car from BMW Toronto in the past and my M5 was bought from Town & Country in July 2012 (MY2013). The discount given at the time was 3.25% and some got as much as 5% (that I am aware of).

Please note almost all the GTA dealers refused to give discount due to the hype of last year's M5 first appearance in Canada, since then, the hype has died down and I believe you should be able to get a discount of 5% without any major negotiation (MY 2013 or MY2014).

Therefore, you should simply walk away from this dealer and contact a bunch of other dealers for their quote & fees. Do as much research as possible before buying/leasing.

Lastly, do NOT buy from BMW Autohaus. They are the worst of the bunch. I like BMW Toronto & Town Country as they were willing to discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orich View Post
Hi All,

I recently got a quote from an Ontario dealer for MY2013 M5, and have noticed some hefty dealer option/fees below in addition to what I usually see in a quote.

Ride Green Certified = $399
Carpet Mat = $130
Green Levy = $3000
Gas/Wheel Lock = $139

Did any of you Canadian guys pay these? or these are all rip off and I should negotiate?
I spoke with the sales guy, and he said the Ride Green is a MUST for all 2013 new orders and can't be removed?! they basically put nitrogen into tires rather than air. I think this is a rip off as I'll have to go back to dealership to add air??

Also, why the $3000 Green Levy tax on 2013 F10?? The Canadian government site data for M5 is from 2007, plus the F10 consumes less fuel compare to E60 M5, and the product planning broche from BMW Canada clearly stated that no green levy for the F10.

Can any Canadian owners please comment?

Thanks!

Last edited by bobblehead; 04-12-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0