07-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Mscarpa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Black on black!

Deer meets M5

Gents:
Been off the grid for a few weeks probably still in mourning for my M.
4th of July weekend driving to VT with my family and friends behind me in another car and then it happened. Doing a mellow 60 mph on I-89 about 45 mins outside of Burlington and I hit a small 1-2 year old Doe. She jumped out into the fast line of the 2 lane highway and I was in the right lane. Listening to the radio at 9:30pm and I caught her out of the corner of my eye and there was nothing I could do.
Could not slam the brakes with my wife behind me in our other car on the highway and could not move left cause did not know what was in the fast lane. Tried to slow the car down but we were going to hit and then boom. Slammed into the deer on the front right comer of my M5 which I just got in Feb.
Deer slammed into car doing about 55 mph and then came on my hood and then on my windshield and rolled off the right side of the car. I must have cut open the side of the deer with the cracked headlight because when it hit the hood and windshield there was white stomach juice all over the car and I could NOT see out of the windshield. Turned on wipers no good. Had to squirt washer fluid for a few seconds and then I could see and pulled the car over.
My wife saw and kids saw the whole thing and they were horrified. The bumper, grill and hood took all the impact and no airbag deployment which was great and the car was actually perfectly drivable like nothing happened. What a night!
Car back now in CT and has been in the shop for almost 4 weeks and hope to have her back in a few days. Reflecting how bad it could have been hitting a deer doing 55 on the highway I am glad to be hear sharing this shitty story with you guys. Be careful out there. Mike
Ps - unhappy photos.
That red blob on the hood is deer meat. Unreal I know.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0