View Single Post
      04-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #91
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I watched the 2+ hour version today with my wife and two other friends. What a deeply moving film. The last 20-30 minutes were so difficult and painful and tearful to watch (I wasn't a racing fan during Senna's period but I knew how it was going to end.). I just kept hoping it would not end with that crash--thinking somehow as I was watching time could be rewritten by wishing a different outcome.

I totally agree with Cmark8 about Prost. As bitter as the rivaly was they needed each other in some odd way. The "I miss you Alain" note seems to say that I think. Prost speaks of how changed Senna was towards the end, but it seems he was changed a good deal as well by that note and what happened over the next few days.

I'd never seen Senna drive until today. Certainly some controversy in some of those races (as Jackie Stewart articulated clearly) but man I've never seen anything like how Senna could drive. Clearly always on the razor's edge of control and out of control--the absolute limit and beyond. Simply mind-blowing.

Really a film that says with you. I'm sure it will be on my mind for some time to come.

It's also sad that human folly is such that it takes a major loss to change things (improve safety). This, of course, is not limited to auto racing.

If you haven't seen this, watch it.
Appreciate 0