View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #45
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedwheel View Post
The M5 is a fantastic automobile ! Probably one of my all time favorites. I love the idea of a 4 door sedan that can hang with any two door super sports car, and beat most of them weighing 1000 plus lbs. more. With that being said I know for a fact that a dinan 550 x drive will keep up with the M5 upto 100 mph. Unless you are in germany (autobahn) or track the vehicle once per week, The dinan stage 4 550 is a pretty impressive substitute for $ 20,000 to $ 25,000.00 less. Dinan stage 4 550 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3. Not bad for a poor mans M5.
It still wont stop, handle, or look like an M5. You also cant get the performance as far. A M5 with a tune is nasty. I almost bought a 550i and drove a full stage 4 Dinan tuned dealer car. It was an awesome car don't get me wrong but it just didn't have a sports car feel. (Soft Suspension - Transmission Shifts - Throttle Mapping) 1/4 mile means very little in the big picture. I know you can mod the crap out of a 550i to get the same performance but you are going to spend a ton.

Suspension
Brakes
LSD
DCT
Wheels
Exhaust
Engine Performance

You don't buy an M car for price hell you don't buy any luxury or sports car for price you buy for the feel. If you want a poor mans M5 buy a CTS V lol
Appreciate 0