02-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #11
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bma View Post
Personally I don't agree with this. 6-8 reps is not enough to properly work your biceps. Plus, if he has only been working out 8 months, he will probably only end up cheating and using his back to swing up too much weight.

Straight bar curls are the best bicep mass exercise. One of my favs is '21's ', where you do 7 reps performing the bottom portion of a curl, 7 with the upper portion, and then 7 with the full range of motion, like this:

http://www.ehow.com/video_2359330_ex...bbell-21s.html

As for triceps, dips are a great mass exercise, and I also love pushdowns and reverse pushdowns. I find supersetting with triceps give me the best workout.

PS. Keep with the weight gainer if you wanna gain mass. Tru mass in vanilla is tastes fantastic
I think 21's are great and I usually do them as my last exercise for any workout if I'm going to do them. You can barely lift your arms afterwards but I think it focuses more on cutting up your arms.

I do agree that 6 reps is not enough, I've never it myself, it's always 8 reps minimum. I still think if you are going primarily for mass it's better to lift heavy weights - 8 reps x 3 sets x 3 exercises. I usually increase the weight with each set where I can.
Appreciate 0