Thread: M5 On Fire
View Single Post
      05-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #22
MoeDaher
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong0 View Post
read the thread and obviously a concerning event that could affect all m5 owners. very sorry for your loss. a few questions:

-there seems to be concern that dsc and the snow running on summer tires may have caused this. did you see the dsc light on your entire 6 mile ride back to home? having been caught in the snow on the Michelin pss, there is poor traction but certainly should not have been on the entire time.

-one you filed claim with your insurance company, does this alter the attitude for customer relations since you got paid? ie if you chose to continue paying for a charred car would this change the approach of bmw na?

-porsche has an e brake I believe similar to the bmw ebrake and also automatically shuts off when you try to reverse or move forward with the brake still on. Have there been similar porsche e brake failures?

very interested to hear if more comes out of this. very surprised (yet somewhat encouraged) that bmw does have someone active on the web forums although their response was very tepid.
The DSC light would come on and off, it was not on the entire time.

They did not care before my insurance paid me and certainly do not care now. They only reason they might answer anything is because of public posts like this.

I do not know of any Porsche incidents, but this time I got the ceramic brakes. Plus I got an all wheel drive this time!
Appreciate 0