BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 M Sport, 2015 M4 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKEOM5 View Post
Do you think it would matter if you hid the front LI quad HPs in the air intakes?

Behind the vent mesh grills would make any difference as the holes are large?

Do you think the xpel ultimate will absorb road chemicals and discolor? In the NW they spray chem on roads instead of salt and I plan to drive year round. Worried that the scratch healing softness may cause issues that 3m wont. Even though 3m wont heal. Thoughts?
Thx
Since you got HPs you should install them like I did. Don't put them behind the grille because it will affect performance. Also recessing them makes your car vulnerable to off axis shots and overpass shots. I will PM you a pic of my placement on the M5. It's hard to notice.

You could put Opti Guard over 3M. However I am extremely impressed with the clarity of the Suntek PPF C. It looks optical grade - I.e. you can't see the film at all. To me this is the best film on the market right now. And it's self healing. They also have a non healing version which you can OptiGuard.
Stealth!! Please post pics so I can see how yours is setup in the front compared to mine and the pics i sent you

I am really eager to know (and test with you) if jeff mounted everything correctly and also if we need to adjust... And what your installer thought of how jeff and I did it

Thanks brother
Appreciate 0