View Single Post
      12-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
steeve13m
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexlocator View Post
Well, what should have taken about 1 hour ended up being 3.5 hrs.

Ordered NGK 97506 plugs x9...received one NGK box with a used M Bosch plug inside (glad I ordered one extra just in case; looks like some A-hole cant afford plugs and pulled a switch/return).

Gapped to 0.020; plugs went in fine.

Dont know why I ordered Delphi GN10328 coils over OEM Bosch, but here's a headsup...DONT.

The Delphi coils have a push pin inside that clicks onto the spark plug, to hold in place I guess. I tried putting a spark plug into a Delphi coil outside of the car and it was hard as it is, let alone trying to push that Delphi coil all the way down flush in the car in cramped spacing....I couldnt; spent a couple hours trying. Anyways, thrashed 2 Delphi coils (and my thumbs) trying and gave up...going to return the other 6.

Already placed an order for the Bosch coils replacement...hopefully wont take too long next time since I know how to get to them now.

For those wondering why I wanted to change 8 coils, well the plugs were due for a change, and I had a cylinder 7 misfire a couple weeks ago doing a few runs....why not change them while I'm in there for the plugs.

Thanks to user Fast400 for his spark plug video; pretty much followed his method.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1412943

Do you have to remove the metal bracket (looks like sway bar bracket that holds ecu's) to get better access? or just move the ECU's aside along with the black plastic fame that holds them?
2018 Range Rover Velar S-White
Appreciate 0