View Single Post
      04-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #1
spiff
The Dr
Rep
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S

Willow Springs Raceway w/ Hoosiers & Race Pads

In an effort to drive the piss out of this car, I took it back to Big WillowSprings, but this time with Apex 19" EC7's and Hoosier R7's.

19x9.5" ET 33 in the front w/ 265/35-19
10x10" ET 25 in the rear w/ 295/35-19

This car is on some version of KW springs with factory EDC components.

Additionally, this car has the Dinan/Carbahn tune & CarboTech XP 14 endurance race pads in the front only.

Holy moly this car MOVED, stopped, and carried LOADS of speed.

It took a few sessions for me to feel/find the rhythm with these couple of upgrades, but after lunch this car was an absolute train.

A friend of mine has a 991.2 GT3 and his car could NOT pull/gain any speed on the front straight even with a couple extra MPH through turn 9. There was some hopped up GT350R unable to pull as well.

The race pads were KEY components in this vehicle's success as I could brake deep into 1 from about 145/147. Right before lunch I definitely boiled the factory fluid so I did a full flush at the track with some proper RBF and there was ZERO fade.

As a matter of fact, I had two different vehicles on different parts of the track (areas with heavy braking) that either spun off or broke too late and went way off line- after me either pushing or pulling them.

Man oh man this car was so fun- and with these extra bits the car felt like a dream.

Was doing around 125-128 through 8 and could definitely carry some more speed through with some more time.

I'm a little frustrated that all of the wheel/fitment advice said that you just 'cant' run wider than 265 up front, and I'm quite confident there's room for more meat.

I have some studs coming in so will put the rears on the front and see how bad it really is. Even with the Hoosiers, there was seemingly a lot of room.

Here's a fun snippet of me driving with a well prepped E46 M3:

I waive them by at 4:50 then keep pace until they overbrake at 11:23.

M5_Raz521.50