View Single Post
      08-12-2015, 02:57 PM   #51
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Gents I was just communicating with the good folks over at BMS. From what I gather there is some great news and some not so great news.

The great news is that this new JB4 is going to be able to delete your CEL code if you are running catless downpipes. I asked them if there would be any interefence between the new JB4 and the BMS CAN CEL Delete Tool and they said that the JB4 will have an option to delete the CEL if you want.

The not so great news is that the BCM's won't be available for at least a few more weeks. They said to get the JB4 combined with the Stage 1 will yield no performance gains and that you need the BCM. So at least I'll have a few more weeks to decide if I want to pick this new JB4 up with the BCM. So far, it sounds like a good deal and I will probably do it. I mean, in theory you could be making around 800 crank horsepower for less than a $1,000 bucks from a tune. Where as most of the flash tuners want between $2,000 and $10,000 dollars for their tunes, most of which involve the laborious process of removing your ECU and mailing them in, whereby you can't drive your car for at least a couple of days.

The thing I like about the Stage 1 and JB4 is that you, the customer, can set how much boost you want and other stuff and also change it at home whenever you want. If I do get the JB4 and the BCM I guess I'll no longer need my BMS CAN CEL Delete Tool then. I wonder if I could still sell it for a $1,000 bucks. Lol!

Appreciate 0