View Single Post
      12-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Ya I am sure the grip will help but I am also hesitant to spend money on this body since I plan to move to the Full Frame at some point. I am waiting to see the official release date of the 5D mkIII. If it is not significantly better than the mk2 then I will get the mk2 used since people will be dumping them and they will get cheap at that point. I think by march they will announce after they release the 1Dx. They do not want to take sales or hype away from the 1Dx.

Canon needs to do something to keep up with Nikon since the D700 is better at low light and high ISO performance than the 5D2 and it has faster AF all around. They announced the D800 and that is going to be even better as a replacement to the D700. If canon does not up their game in the entry level Full Frame bodies they will loose market share like crazy. I will be one to jump ship to the D800. Canon did mention that the newer 5D will have a better AF system and ISO performance but they did not specify any performance figures other than say the 5D3 will have a similar AF system to the 7D but not as good...what?lol Why would they say this? Seems odd to so that, but maybe they will change that before release. I heard that Ron Howard was given a 5D3 and a 1Dx already and he is not saying much about them other than the 1Dx is amazing. It better be for 7k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
a battery grip will make a world of difference to balance out a big lens.

and once you start getting bigger lenses then the 70-200 F4, you'll find even the bigger camera bodies start to lose balance a bit. It's just the nature of the game.

I bought my 100-400mm L series while i still owned my T1i, and it was a rediculous combination to try and find a balance on. The T2i is much more robust A battery grip was basically essential at that point. The one that really made it show the size however, was my 24-70 L put on the front. On a big camera, it looks like a normal lens. On a small camera, it looks like a freak. The big lenses just do that on any camera body where the "normal" sized L series lenses tend to make the small camera bodys stand out like a sore thumb and add comedic effect.

the nice thing however, a nice piece of glass will make the best of any camera body, no matter how silly it looks, it just may be awkward to balance in your hands. And maybe cause carpel tunnel (kidding.... i hope...)