Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Per what wdimagineer posted it is not easy to install the stalk. Also I find that you get most of the benefit with just coding the feature without the stalk. It can be switched on and off through iDrive. The only time the stalk is useful is if you start the car in daylight and then drive into the night. In this scenario auto headlamps will switch on without auto high beams. To correct you have to switch headlights on and off. If you start the car at night this is not an issue.
Thanks guys. I've been debating whether to do this at all, do it "factory" with replacement of the stalk, or just code it.

I am set up to code - I've done the DVD in motion, remove legal disclaimers, etc.

I've replaced the headlamp switch to the European part so I have the rear fog lamps. I had the AHB on my previous 7 series and found it "neat" because I like the technology but if I'm perfectly honest with myself I didn't find it all that useful. I guess when I drive at night I'm usually in urban or suburban environments and usually it's not so late that there's no traffic so I don't get as much use out of the AHB as some others may.

Mike
Appreciate 0