04-01-2014, 12:42 AM   #8
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickC23 View Post
Reviving this thread - I think Ill give it a go and try this DIY for my CRT themed IND MP spoiler. Called a shop but they use Beta-link, would rather not use Beta-Link as Im worried I may not like the CF look.

M54ccibo, any issues since with just using 3M tape? The one i bt looks the same as you - its labeled as a super strength auto adhesive tape from 3M.

Any other tips on install are greatly appreciated, as it looks like youve done it more than once since you had it painted.
No issues what so ever. Definitely do not use beta link. The 3M tape works perfectly. If you get the one that I have, it'll be stuck on until you decide to remove it.

I've removed the rear spoiler once before, as I didn't get it set on perfectly, and it was removed and reinstalled when I had it painted AW to match the car. No issues. Also have removed and reinstalled my RKP front lip a few times with no issues.

Good luck! Just be sure to do a dry fit and make sure the tape is in the right places...i.e., all the way to the end of the spoiler and far enough to the edge to grab the trunk when installed.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0