View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
Whats the deal with tuners and a intake for our car? GruppeM= $3500? Really thats it? Our only option? First of all thats just ridiculous for a intake. I don't care thats it's CF and I don't care if I had a billion in the bank. Just goes against my principles. Maybe if it produced 40+HP and sounded sick.

Anyway, this car has been out in other countries for over a year and in the US for over 6 months, whats the deal?

The other option is the BMC drop in. I read some posts on the forums. $200.00 each, really? With no real description of an increase in power. Someone said sound changed? Anyone else agree? Someone said sound changed removing the charcoal filters. I did it too and it's very slight at best.

I implore your insight or recommendations in this matter.
Agreed. Total waste. I mod my cars heavily and spare no expense for quality that has value, but this is one I would never see value in. I believe that some of these see minimal power gains and different notes simply due to the charcoal filter delete. This was what I experienced on my E60 and on my F10. Open your airbox, remove the charcoal filters and there you have the same results for free. $3,500-ridiculous.
Appreciate 1