View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #17
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank
Afe makes a Kit... Pretty reasonable $800 or so made of plastic..That being said..

Pay Or make your own parts

Telling a company you don't want to spend the money is as easy as not buying it. The fact we start with a $100,000+ car is why we don't see parts at a reasonable price.. Smaller market for sale as well as harder to get a car for R&D etc etc....

You all have the cars... Make the intakes and see how many you sell... The carbon work on my Gruppe M intakes makes me pop my hood and smile on my otherwise stock engine bay.. Have you guys heard of art?
The down pipes will be another part in the art piece that is under my hood and they will be worth every penny...

To each there own is all you need to know.

Aloha
Alex
The downpipes ARE worth every penny-got 'em.

Still $3500 on something you see under the hood only? Questionable. I mod my car pretty heavily. Wouldn't go so far as to call it "art". I call it "pretty cool" and "money pissed away"-lol!

End of the day I respect your point (although not so much your freak out-lol) If YOU like it that is really all that matters man. I waste a lot of $ on stuff for my car and I don't care who likes it. As long as I go out to the garage and go "ooh...ahh".

Most mods are ridiculously overpriced. Gotta admit a couple pieces of carbon for $3500 is sort of off the charts. I can't speak though as I'll be buying the Vorsteiner kit soon :-) should go well with my HREs!

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 1