04-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #80
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
BMW B&O option is complete H..S... heard it in the 6 series. The B&O in our R8 sounded lot better and also given the fact is not a full blown B&O system that is used in A8's. On paper the R8 sound is inferior to the 6 series.
Something wrong with the BMW sound department these days. The 7 series premium sound is worse than our E-Class HK system.

Hope BMW can get their sound act together.
Considering B&O designed the system and had say into the actual interior design for best acoustics you may be pointing the finger in the wrong direction or the car you were in was not adjusted properly for the music being played. The six series also has a larger cabin and softer materials. Also, audiophiles have their own preferences and that is the reason manufactuerrs take samples and have numbers.... thus the 6 is on paper better because it truly is.

I had this argument with a friend a thousand times- he liked brand A and I liked brand B.... Our ears are not all the same just like our eyes are not. The hair cells and chemical interpretation is as different as a finger print.

I would never not buy something based on a prior preference or someone's opinion without at least trying it out...

As for the B&O in the M5.... haven't heard it yet.

Pricing is good on this car.... the $10K for the Carbon Ceramic brakes (and wheels) is not bad either only downer is that should come with Ceramic Controls!