View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
saxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: s4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Initiating any new car purchase over the phone is really setting yourself up for failure. Do you have any idea how many calls per day a new car Merc/BMW/Lexus/Audi dealer gets in a day asking about numbers for this lease or that cash deal, availability of some strange color or option combination or how long it takes to order a car? This idea of saving so much time and energy shopping for a car by just whipping out your cell phone is not original. Millions of people have thought of it already and unless you have an established relationship with a sales professional, you're going to get the cold shoulder 99% of the time. 20 people on the phone asking questions isn't worth one on the lot with a trade and a checkbook. Don't take it personally, it's just business.
i have no idea what you do for a living so dont take this the wrong way, but if you dont know what you are talking about then maybe you shouldnt say anything at all

any current auto dealer most likely gets 50%+ of there sales through internet and phone leads, that is why its such a growing market and companies like auto trader etc are so lucrative

the ads are usually showing the very base model available (usually only 1 on the lot) and are meant to get people in the door inquiring and hopefully you have something on the lot that they are interested in

I used to sell cars and i agree that some of your responses are what we all wish car salesman would say, but the honest truth is that they live week to week with commissions based upon the cars that they deliver, cars that are special ordered are better off being dealt with in person and not over the phone.. My priority was to pay my bills and sell what we had on the lot, we also got bonuses etc for not having to source cars from other dealerships or having to wait for them to come in (this is known as a spot sale)

as much as I would love to think that all dealerships were like the one I worked at where everyone was fairly honest, its just not the truth. The auto dealers are out to make a quick buck and most will do it any way that can thats within there rights

if your looking for leases I definetly recommend finding a car that you want, finding a dealership that has that car on the lot and buying it within the last week of the month. contact the internet department (who work on comission but not based upon the gross profit) and have them get you the best deal that they can

Brian
Appreciate 0