View Single Post
      09-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #13
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasm View Post
People are just moving out of them now or are getting hit with too high of bills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasm View Post
Not sure what anyones replacing it with though. I don't know of anything that competes with it at the current time.

Everything else is either slower, handles worse, has worse electronics, worse transmission, no limited slip differentials, or all of those or a combo of those.

I'm over 11K miles I think on my 2014 now, and I had 11,500 on my 2013 -- I could be open to switching but like I said -- nothings out there right now thats better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
You got to remember that people who buy cars at this price point have high incomes and update cars frequently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I don't see that very much except on this board.

For why it happens - have a look at the thread a few weeks ago about "how much money do i need to make to buy a M5?" It is very evident that there are a bunch of people who financially have no business buying an M5.
@Stealth.pilot and @Fantasm mentioned good points!
In addition, I think most of those people who got out of M5 were in wrong business with M5 at the first place! I have seen lots of threads complaining about gas mileage! Don't get me wrong. I dare to ask other members about their gas mileage to make sure my car is normal, but I have no complain if my gas mileage is less than 13! My previous 650i with over 100 HP less and fuel efficient ZF8 had 16 mpg...this is what I expect from a heavy, powerful and fast monster. There are bunch of threads people are complaining about weight and size! They need a smaller, lighter, the same power/torque (or more) with respect to RWD, front engine, designed as DD car and still $100K car! and those people somewhere else complain about the traction issue of their 4400lb M5
This is ridiculous, and that's why I said they are in wrong business!!!
For sure the next generation of any high performance car (including M cars) will be lighter, but I bet with saving weight and increasing power, there is no way other than AWD to be able to drive these type of cars as DD car!!!...
And yes for those skilled race drivers, RWD is available as optional
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0