View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #91
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteM5 View Post
yea some of you guys are a little out there, refuse the car, im killed on resale etc.

it's on warranty, beat on it, i see this as now a known issue and a freebie engine.

how would this in anyway impact resale? the porsche RMS is a simple has it been fixed or not? same with the e46 m3? they're fixing them problem solved.

and the anger at barry? seriously?? could've been anybody, the guy in Nice has his vacation ruined, if you're headed to ED and now have to change plans that's terrible and bmw should help you out, but if your car was already dropped off after ED with no problem, or you're still waiting to order the car, why are you talking? you'll have no impact...
Agee 100%! This issue is turning into mob mentality let's pile own for an oil pump that has to be replaced prior to a "possible" failure. The only person that should be pissed is Barry as it ruined his trip, and he has been a great sport about it. I purchased my car to enjoy, and can care less about resale because I purchased it to own it. A production car guys in never an investment, and should understood as a depreciating asset bottom line. (it's not Apple stock)

I'm still as excited to take redelivery of my car when it arrives, and the supply chain business is a bitch when one worker fails to do their job correctly it's life. We have expensive toys, and be happy we can afford them. Sorry just my two cents, and the 100k I dropped on the M5 the bank wasn't giving squat on my money. So I can't wait, and guys please enjoy the experience it's only an oil pump not an internal engine part like bearings thats when you get concerned!
Appreciate 0