View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #93
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

I agree with the above mentioned optimistic point of view, and yes, it "is what it is" we will not change anything in the discussions that take place on this forum. However, many of us are let down in a myriad of ways. Some are inconvenienced much more than others in regards to this negligence on their behalf. If BMW does not offer some sort of compensation to the ones affected by this then I will certainly not have the same opinion of BMW that I have had for the last 12 years of purchasing their vehicles. I understand that this a private manufacturer's oversight, but BMW stamps their name on it. Just in the U.S. 696 cars are affected, that equals well over $ 70,000,000.00 sold in 1 quarter. Thats a substantial customer sales number and it should not be taken lightly.

The other side of this is someone like me, and I believe there was another gentlemen in the same predicament. According to someone on here, they said all cars scheduled for production (week 40 is mine) are now on hold. We have a lease ending around the time of anticipated delivery and we are now left in limbo. Do we rent a car, do we borrow a car, or do we hold onto the lease car we are driving? We are in a rock and a hard place. I do plan on taking this up with BMWNA, but I can say now with certainty that I really hope I don't receive some BS bureaucratic answer that designed be vague and keep reeled in. It is likely this is what they will do so I do not withdraw my deposit and buy a competing product for a much better deal.
Appreciate 0