View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #102
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong0 View Post
Why do they owe you anything? They shut down production to rectify obviously a serious issue. If you take any other industry (health care)- one faulty defibrillator and there is a recall on all of them. This is the right thing to do rather than cover it up- you would be much angrier if a bunch of people blew their engines.
Yes they are doing the right thing, but don't be so quick to praise. They are not doing the "right thing" only because they are noble. They are more motivated by cost effectiveness, and reputation. Any business would, so I am not faulting them for that. That being said, they do owe something. As consumers we are given the opportunity to make decisions based different opinion owned by our own sense of taste and comfort. We have other options. Some of us no matter what want this car, but there are different circumstances that affect us individually. Some of us will not be affected by the uncertain wait. Some of us, are and were contemplating a competing vehicle. Some us might be forced to buy a different car because we have no choice. This is my point of view and I do not expect you to share it, but this a forum where we discuss different views and share information.
Appreciate 0