11-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5KRZI
hey - sounds a little ambitious to me for a one week trip - assuming you'd do Munich to Naples and back up through Lake Como to Zurich? either way i think you'd be essentially driving for the entire trip without any real down time for an espresso.

my fiancee and i took delivery mid April this year - had a awesome time - for us it went by pretty fast and we were there for 15 days. Lake Como is awesome and we'd highly recommend you try The Grand Tremezzo (http://www.grandhoteltremezzo.com/). we also rented a boat for the day and motored down to Como for lunch - we were there for 3 days. we also used Courtyard Travel - they are super helpful and came recommended from several folks on the forum.

when i dropped off my car we'd racked up 1,887 miles - didn't have time and knew they'd get it sorted at the VPC upon redelivery.

good luck!

a
Hmm. Planned itinerary for now is
. Pickup in muc on 23 at 11 am
. Arrive at como in evening. Thanks for the hotel suggestion
. Stay in como til evening of 25 then drive to milan ( can skip Milan)
. Stay in Milan for a day
. 2 days in Rome
. 3 days in Amalfi
. A day to drive back to Munich (same distance back to Zurich or Munich so may as well drop in Munich)
. Drop off in Munich in June 1st morning and catch flight back to US.

It's a long way to Amalfi from como. Anything you can recommend to shorten? Maybe leave the car in como and fly to Rome? But I have heard horror stories of cars getting stolen in Italy - so I don't know if I want to leave car unattended / unchecked for a few days.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0