02-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Listen I have 2 points for you:

1) Your car is not worth that little. Why don't you pretend to be a buyer and see if you can buy an M5 for 40% of MSRP. I say its impossible. It's only worth that little if you are stupid enough to sell it for that little. I wish people in this community maintained a little price discipline - we collectively set the market. And posts like yours are not helpful in this regard. If you want to preserve your resale value - stop whining about your car being worthless.

2) I think the new 5 series looks ugly. I'm very seriously considering ordering an M6 GranCoupe now. And if I do I will sell my M5 for 80% of MSRP - I guarantee that this is what a 2013 is worth at least in the US. In Europe I would guess a little more.
Were you typing that to show off to some girl near your computer? If not get an ice cream and mind your language in future, you must've forgotten manners after reading previous LCI topics with a few compliments in your address after giving a number of of shortsighted spammy answers. You didn't even read the topic, only second half of which pointed out a fact about BMW trade-in offer.

You Americans pay less than "rest of the world" does for these cars, yet whine more than anyone else for the prices also. The moment you drive off a service dealer in "the rest of the world" your car's price drops by -20%, and homeystyle HRE wheels and or any modifications only make the car's value drop. The reason these cars are devaluated so fast is because that it's much easier to sell a car for $80,000 (used price in US and "the rest of the world") than for $200,000 (Europe), $375,000 (Turkey) and up to $400,000 in some countries in Asia. That's why you don't get such a higher price drop than others do, on top of having a higher average salary than other countries.

On top of that US customers have have great marketing and economic slavery programs which make it possible to buy a car for credit, mortgage, loan etc. Briefly, your cars are much cheaper than in other countries and your population can easily fork out the relatively little cash needed to buy a used car. In here - people prefer paying $200,000 for a new car than buy a $150,000 one used. This, coupled with many other psychological factors like upcoming LCI, BMW's reputation for unreliability on unperfect road conditions, high costs and poor resale value form an unpleasant market of the few potential buyers - thus making it very difficult to sell ///M cars.

Go educate yourself and pull your head out of the sand.

P.S. Nobody is interested in your #2, might as well write what you did last night.
Appreciate 0