03-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
I dont really understand what the big deal is, the only thing that perhaps have "no road application" are the drag wheels and seats and that's something that's easily swapped in a few hours. Many of these and much more expensive cars are taken to the drag strip and besides a few pretentious and narrow minded people no one has an issue with it. Plenty of people would say it was pointless for you to tune a car that makes 560hp and is already traction limited. And I always get a kick out of how some bmw owners think they are driving some collectable high end car when its a mass produced middle class car. 100K wont build you much of a drag car btw, hell I have more than that in my drag 1989 Nissan.
And how much will the bucket seat save you on the 1/4? Hardly a measurable difference, that's how much.

Then replacing an ally hood with a carbon one? Big difference in weight? Pfffft

It is still a silly idea to try to make a heavy, long eco geared cruiser, king of the drag strip. Only a cheque book tuner with no clue would even attempt that.

The M5 is a great car....but a drag car?

Anyway, the OP has already claimed a 0-100km/h in 2.5 seconds for an M5. Those times belong to a low 9 second car, so why does he have to mod it even further to get into the 10's? ........maybe he can answer that one?
Appreciate 0