View Single Post
      09-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
cnicholson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Got pulled over going >200 kph...

... in Germany at 1am as we were driving back to Munich to cut trip short due to Lufthansa strike.

It was an unmarked F10 (not badged, but not M5). Pulled in front of us when we got into a 120 zone (we thought we slowed down fast enough) and flashed "polizie" red LED sign and pulled us over at truck stop. Another cop car pulled in behind us. One very cute young blonde trainee in a bulletproof vest and two unshaven miami vice looking dudes in Polo shirts with Glocks dangling from their jeans. Pretty weird--thought for a second we might be getting car jacked. Senior officer asked for papers, lots of Qs. Was confused that I bought car in Munich but was an American, wanted to know how much I paid, whether I would fly car home, etc.

Finally, we asked "were we going too fast?". He just laughed and said, "no, no. No problem. Just a police check.". And we were on our way. A few mins later we were kicking ourselves for not asking for a photo with them.

Anyway, I guess they don't have the Fourth Amendment over there, but it was no big deal.

Later, hotel people said they always crack down on the random stops at night near Oktoberfest.

Last edited by cnicholson; 09-06-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0