View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #41
ssnowball
United_States
Rep
Drives: 91 850i, 11 528i, 13 550i GT

Talking 550i GT - Complete and at Dealer

Hey guys, nice tracking our deliveries with you all, I hope your cars arrive quickly and in beautiful shape. Here's the final update from a new GT owner, I will post photos and would love to see the same from this group.

Well, the long voyage and the wait have nearly come to an end, my car is at the dealer receiving the final preparation steps now necessary to complete delivery. I am having his windows tinted, the wheels installed and afterwards the detail.

Interesting though, I think they had some difficulty firing up all the systems on the car as the vehicle electronic system is put in "transport mode" when being shipped. Upon receipt of the car, the Team at the dealer ran into difficulties doing so and had to obtain some sort of update for the software - hopefully this is not a bad omen, but instead just means that the "James Bond" options I had installed require attention, just kiddin, no ejection seat or weapons have been installed.

I will post pictures of the new addition this week as I expect to see delivery on or before Wednesday. I think I will put custom plates on the car, something to the effect of "Charley Bucket". For those of you who are fans of Willy Wonka, you may recall that Willy greets Charley and states simply "...And you. Well, you're just luck to be here, aren't you?" that's me.....

Name:  GT Complete.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  71.4 KB
Appreciate 0