OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
For the most part I agree. Anyone who isn't a fanboy can tell you that there are cars better for handling (Mitsubishi Evo) or can drive quicker in a straight line (any competing AMG Merc) but BMW does it better as a whole package which has been their focus. I read in another thread that a user would rather purchase an E63 because the 0-60 time was in the 3 second range while the M5 was in the mid-4's trying to downplay how good the F10 M5 really is. The C63 has a 0-60 time of 3.9 seconds vs. the M3's mid-4's. Even to this day, without nitpicking at individual things and looking at the car as a whole, which has been the better car?

As positive as these reviews/first tests have been, you can't really come to a conclusion other than that the F10 M5 is an amazing machine, standing by itself (like you would think otherwise for a M car.) Before we can say how good the M5 really is, we will need the comparisons against the competition.

thats what i tried to convey in my first post on this thread. You said it better though.

I'm excited about the F10 M5 as much as the next guy, but Instead of saying subjective things like "it's awesome, its great, awe inspiring" etc, I would like to see some real tangible, comparison figures to other cars in its class that it would compete with. That should show the true nature of the new M5 and how it holds up as compared to Mercedes AMG, Audi, Porsche, CTS-V, pick your flavor. Perhaps its too early for this, since the car is new, but i'm sure it will come in time.

i'm sure the fan boy police is going to flame us. lol Don't get me wrong, i'm a BMW fan like the rest of them
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 09-24-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0