View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

To be on the safe side, anything beyond 600whp and you could bend a rod. Although in order to do that your tune would have to be poor and cause knock or detonation or something. In other words, I highly recommend that if you really want to keep the car and have it running well at high power levels, you will need a built motor with forged parts. This ensures longevity and peace of mind.

You also have to ask yourself why do you want high levels of power in a RWD only platform? I can tell you from experience, the more torque you add to an F1x ///M car, the more useless it becomes at stoplight races and the drag strip unless you do a complete project to change out the rear suspension to handle hard launches at the drag strip with maximum grip from large drag radials.

I personally feel that if you don't do a giant turbo setup you won't be competitive at roll racing events and if you do decide on a giant turbo setup, prepare to say hello to our old friend Mr. Turbo Lag.

Same thing with drag racing, you will need the proper setup because these cars are RWD.

This leaves only two other areas in which to set these cars up for and that is the Street and the Race Track. Both of which are doable, but in both of these cases you really don't need anything more than 800 flywheel horsepower. 800hp in this car on the race track is scary, on the street however it can be pretty fun. Although, if you were to track the car, horsepower is the wrong way to go, you want to modify suspension and brakes first, get those nailed down, then go after power. But for a street setup, keep the car comfortable and manageable, but don't turn off the DSC on the street with high power levels, these RWD platforms can lose traction in an instant and you will be in the ditch before you even know what happened. I've seen it with my own eyes.

So what are your goals then? What are you trying to set the car up for? Dragstrip? Racetrack? Roll Racing? Or Street?

Appreciate 3
GAINZ39.50
His438.50