View Single Post
      10-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Day 6: Thursday, September 19th. Yellowstone National Park, WY -> Rapid City, South Dakota

I left freezing West Yellowstone promptly at 8am and paid my fee to get into Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone in my opinion is one of those places that every American needs to see. It's just awesome and the park is so huge! I saw lots of wild Buffalo, Old Faithful, and that rain/snow storm that hit the night before, I got to see snow for the first time this year! The road on the East end leading into Yellowstone is epic as well. I did do some spirited driving on it as well, but I also ended up getting lost at one point. This was my BMW Navigations only FAIL for the entire trip. It had me going on a road, which on the map said was paved, but at one point the road turned to completely unpaved!!! So I had to back track several miles and find another way around. Granted I was taking all these crazy back roads in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, still I guess I got to see parts of Wyoming that no one else has seen I'm sure. Lol!

Somehow I got back to I-90 and was able to escape the Black Hole that is Wyoming. I wasn't far into South Dakota when I got pulled over for slightly speeding through a construction zone. This South Dakota State Trooper was about to give me a ticket for 4mph over the speed limit, but quickly ascertained that I was in the military just passing through and that I was tired. He let me off with a warning after only talking to me for about 30 seconds. My encounter with this South Dakota Trooper also left me pondering how old I really was, for the State Trooper couldn't have been more than I'd say a solid 26 years old. Lol!

I finally reached Rapid City and I had planned it so I was going to stay there for two nights so I could get some rest at the half way point of my trip. Good thing too, because I needed it. I was EXHAUSTED by this point in the trip, and I don't mean RPi Straighpiped GTM exhaust either. Although the exhaust system did contribute to my fatigue as well I'm sure.

Oh yeah and I almost hit a Buffalo while driving through Yellowstone too! Those things really roam free there! LOL!

Last edited by RPiM5; 10-16-2013 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 0