View Single Post
      11-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

AMG #11 My 2018 E63S Edition 1- Pics!!

Well I decided to get the ED1 after all, I had a better deal on a white one but the dealer (who is a top regional seller) got a hidden allocation on an ED1 still at the VPC. So that was that and I went last Sunday to get it. Here is a funny story though: The Salesman comes up to me and asks "Vic, you like Pirellis or Michelins?" and I say of course "Michelins". He then told me I was in luck because they found a huge piece of metal in the left rear tire and it was now flat. Instead of replacing the tire which they did not have, they swapped out a set of black wheels that was on the white one that I was going to get in the first place . And of course, this set had the 4S tires- so I got lucky.

The car feels every bit as fast as advertised and the handling is shocking for the weight of this car. No wonder it turned out the time it did at VIR with such amazing exit speeds. The car is dropped with the OEM links; my tech in Huntington Beach is adept at such mods and it took all of 45 min to make it happen. The car is very taut but also very level with hardly any roll- I run the Sport setting for the dampers (one light). The throttle is a bit slow as it takes about a 50% input to get it moving, but that's also because I'm used to tuned cars where the throttle is more sensitive. The steering is good with mild, very mild, understeer in hard bends and turns and I can not believe this car weighs over 4500 lbs they way it moves and how I am able to drive it. I have had limited miles with the car so I need even more to give further perspective but for now its definitely one of the best handling sedans I've owned, if not the best. I have the acoustic package which makes the exhaust note inside more muted which I don't like. When we were under the car we checked to see what we could remove from a resonator standpoint and there just aren't any. It looks like its similar to my GTS set up with just a post cat attached to the DP. I think I might pull that off at some point.

I will say that my current RS7 with a tune feels just slightly faster from a roll and is more violent from a dig but the car is pushing 700 hp and 725+ lb/ft of torque.

Some minor mods:

Painted front grill (plasti dip)
Wrapped door handles
Wrapped Rear Bar
30% Tint
Lowering
15mm front spacers (I need smaller rears still)
Xpel Stealth Clear Bra

Big thanks to Benzworks (sponsor here) for lowering the car and installing the spacers. The pics are from my cell phone so I'm sure I can do better
Attached Images

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 11-27-2017 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 2