View Single Post
      04-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #22
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Great advice here, but I personally think it is 55% genetics, 20% diet, and 15% effort.

For example, I've been doing cardio for about a year now and I'm still a heavy set build but smaller. For the past month I've also been on a general 1800 calorie diet and basically nothing has changed.

Yet, I decided to switch it up and add some weights in only twice a week and in five days, I've instantly gained muscle mass. OFC I know that muscle mass is easiest the gain in the beginning before the plateau sets in, but again if your body is the type which does not gain muscle, there is only so much you can do.

I'm not saying to wave the white flag but rather, set realistic and safe expectations. I mean I've worked and dedicated my ass off to cardio for 1 hour 30 minutes, 5 days a week. Then in one week after two 30 minute minute sessions of weight lifting, I get instant results in muscle mass whereas I barely get any from the cardio after a year?

Unfair man :/ ... I guess just know your body type and how to make it the best it can possibly be relative to your goals and be happy with it.
Appreciate 0