View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #39
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiguy
I did speak with Eurocharged yesterday and the gentleman on the phone was very knowledgable and spent a far bit of time explaining how they tune the car. His claim is that they have an actual tune, not piggyback that will in fact remove the top speed limiter and add approximately 55 or 75 WHP. These stage 1 and stage 2 tunes are available right now and they included a loaded laptop as part of their package. They load it remorely.

After spending 20 minutes on the phone listening to the details of how they download and upload the code, I ask him if he we're a somewhat conservitive guy like me, and you had some concerns about warranty, what would you recommend the best course of action would be. He blew me away with his answer.

HE SAID, IF IT WAS HIM, AND HE HAD OVER $100K INVESTED IN A NEW M5, HE'D OPT FOR A PIGGY BACK TUNE FROM SOMEONE LIKE SNITZER RATHER THEN THE TUNE THEY OFFERED. HE SAID HE THOUGHT IT WAS SAFER, AND ONCE REMOVED, BMW COULD NEVER PROVE YOU HAD IT ON THE CAR. HE EXPLAINED THAT IN HIS OPINION, HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.

I'm still confused, but thought I'd share what they said.
Well he lost all credibility on that one . If they really cracked the ECU he would know the boost values are recorded and BMW can and would look at this if a warranty claim was made for engine failure .
This is another version of a BMW press file , whoopty do . Be patient real tunes will come soon from ESS , Dinan etc soon .
George
Appreciate 0