desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911TTback2M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Welcome back to the family. I lived in Dallas until recently, very near the dealer with the blue car. I stopped in once, and the experience was, in a word, weird. I was the only person in the shop for at least 30 minutes, and the owner just stood behind his counter and watched me the whole time. I finally asked him a question just to break the silence.

Make sure you read all of the ad very carefully. Maybe you did, but there is a lot of fine print, some of which is very important, especially the part directly underneath the window sticker image! This dealer focuses on cars that have been "generously repurchased" from the automaker, which I interpret as "lemons". There are different views on whether or not one should buy a manufacturer repaired car that was repurchased from the original owner, so where to go from there is up to you.

Thanks for your word of advice, I definitely need to keep my guard up, especially buying vehicles sight unseen. Lol about the dealership owner, I probably spoke to the same today, it was like talking to myself.....
Sounds about right. Bummer, too, because he had some beautiful cars (I was looking at a TTRS when I stopped in).

Having said that, I found a great used F10 M5 shortly thereafter, and I've been loving it ever since. If you haven't driven one, give it a try. It has changed many minds of NA fans (including me, I had an E93 M3).

Good luck in your search, looking forward to seeing where you end up!
Appreciate 1