View Single Post
      04-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #24
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdterror View Post
Its definitely a step down. I sat in and drove an ///M4 and coming from my car, it just doesnt do it for me.I went to an M3/M4 meet this past sunday and me and a few of my F10 buddies were there and i can tell you this, The F80 crowd is much younger and of course they all aspire to someday own an M5. They were more interested in our cars than theirs. BTW...i live in NYC and there is no track here. We have to drive pretty darn far to get to any sort of racetrack. I personally have no intentions of driving my M5 around a racetrack but for the quarter mile and half mile events, highway pulls and generally embarrassing exotics at every rally i attend.....ill still have my ///M5!
Indeed my friend. Like I said, most M3 owners won't admit it, but the price is a part of why they bought one. When you can get a stripped down F80 M3 with no options with about a 7% discount on average that comes out to more than $40 grand off the base price of an M5.

I really like the M3, I really do. The engine and exhaust kill it for me though. That's why I keep saying that if BMW puts a 6 cyl in the next M5, I'm buying an Audi next. Lol!

On a side note I had to drive a BMW loaner vehicle today when I took my M5 in for service. They gave me a literally no option base 528i. After driving that for a couple of hours and then getting back into my M5, I felt like I was going from a Honda (Inside Joke with 6speedterror) to a Bentley. Haha! The two biggest things that jumped right out at me about a lower quality model compared to the M5 was the steering and the Bang & Olufsen. I was trying to jam in the 528i with the radio stations but failed miserably and the steering in the 528i felt dead to me. Made me appreciate my M5 a lot, even though it's only a Pre-LCI.

Last edited by RPiM5; 04-14-2015 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0