antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
South, thanks for posting this. I will, however, take a different take on this. I view this as less from a "me & what transmission I would want" and more from "what this signals for the future of ///M".

We continually (well, I at least do this) continue to throw rocks at BMW for ruining their ///Ms with low revving engines, FI and other "softenings". But I must admit that I realize for the ///M5, as I have said a few times recently, it really needs to be an executive sedan as much as a sports sedan because many buyers take these cars to business meetings and out with clients / colleagues alike.

So I have soften my stance on this car.........that being said if they put a Manual in her, and just for the U.S. no less, its a big sign that they are still listening to the enthusiasts, the old school guys. For that, I would be eternally grateful......its like a lifelong friend coming back to the neighborhood to remind you that despite his fame, fortune and beautiful wife, he still has your back. To me, that means everything.

Cheers,
e46e92
+1

Could not have said it better. This in combination with 1M being manual transmission only is a sign that BMW M is listening (or a sign of the rebirth of manual transmission all together! Sorry I lost myself).
Appreciate 0