View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #17
mhh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
im suprised you found the handling/ride better in the e63 amg. i recently got a 2012 cls63 with performance package, and my initial impressions are that it feels unrefined over bumps, harsh as a matter of fact. but at the same time this seems to result in no advantage in handling. and feels much bigger than my e60 m5. (which was such an amazing car to drive) so i would have thought the f10 would be even better in all these ways... (as most people have said).. you seem to be reporting the opposite.

also i find the throttle reponse of the cls quite mushy and generally "unresponsive" in this area. i can actually put the pedal right to the floor and if i let off right away, and the car does absolutely nothing.

not used to that.

if i were to describe the comparison between the e60 m5 and cls63 TT, the m5 felt like being fired out of a cannon when first mashing the throttle.

in the cls63, it feels more like being pushed on a swing.

a bit too "gentle" for me.
I can't comment on the CLS comparison as I've only driven one briefly but the M5 is getting better with more experience behind the wheel. I'm nearly at 2,000km in the M5 when the first service is due and then I can give it some more stick. The E63 has done the same km and steps off the line very smartly - it feels faster than my old e60 M5 - so something doesn't sound right with the CLS. I'd ask the dealer to take a look at your car.

BTW, I didn't say the ride and handling of the E63 were better than the M5 - rather that the E63 feels more impressive at normal speeds. I still feel this way. The M5 needs to be set up just right whereas the AMG feels good in default mode. Now the M5 is set up the way I like it, it isn't an issue but the car takes a little getting to know. I'm very happy with both cars.
Appreciate 0