04-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
So what would be a realistic ED price from a dealer? I'm sure even at ED MSRP, the dealer still gets some incentive from BMW, from that deal. So maybe, it is wise to shop around for the best ED deal and not just go with one dealer. So if there are any BMW M5 ED dealers lurking here who will offer the ED MSRP or better, you will have my business, just email me.
Not having done ED or having bought a hot new car immediately at release, I can't comment on what would be reasonable. I personally offered $1500 over invoice for a standard delivery on my M3 last year because I didn't want to deal with haggling and I'd heard that the CA I contacted at my local was awesome (he was). Even if I could've gotten $500, I figured an extra $1000 meant a trivial percentage increase on the total cost of the car for me, but that meant a fair amount of extra profit for him. But try PMing GOLFFRR to see what he says about ED; he's one of the most popular dealers on the boards here, and he typically offers great pricing because he does enough business on these boards to be able to, and of course the fact that he offers that pricing is a big reason why he gets so much of that business in the first place.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 05-01-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0