View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Munit
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

e60 M5 to F10 M5 owners speak up

So I owned a e60 m5 and now an e92 m3 and I absolutely love the entire package that each of these cars brought. It brought me as close to driving a race car around the city as possible and a large part of the aural experience was the brutal gear shifts, the engine screaming to 8400 and simply knowing there was a one of a kind engine in the car that was as close to a race engine as there is aside from a ferrari.

I totally get the e60 is slower in ever measure but for me, the driving experience on a daily basis was way more than the acceleration but much more enjoyable to me was going through a tunnel and hearing the v10 or v8 scream at 8400 with a raspy high pitched race sound (always went catless). The hard shifts of the smg or the dct that just slams the gear home and just the nimbleness of both the e60 and the e92.

It just was a perfect experience and I am wondering if anyone who enjoyed some of those same things is disapointed after buying an f10? Specifically the size, softness of the tranny shifts, lack of screaming engine, lack of high revving engine etc etc
Appreciate 0