View Single Post
      06-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Who has gotten CEL from AMS or any other catted downpipe?

I am asking this because I am now thinking about getting the AMS. I called and spoke to them about CEL and inventory. They have no inventory and they are having to make a change to the position of the O2 sensor back to where it used to be or somewhere closer than where it is now so that there isn't a stretch and it's not covered by the heat shield. Apparently they moved it to where it only is exposed if the heat shield was removed.

So the real meat of the convo was that even with the cats, CEL get's thrown because of higher volume of oxygen looking like bad cats to the system (or so I thought I understood) in which case I expect P0421/2. Apparently the real testing for catalytic converter presence is done by ODB code and not by emission testing. What a load that is, how do you verify emissions by checking some stored data? Silly since you can easily measure the exhaust but I digress.

Net is that some people get CEL and others don't. Who has catted, aftermarket downpipes and did you get a CEL or not and if so, which one(s)? I am particularly interested in AMS as they are what I want. I would appreciate input from others as well. Oh yes, there is also apparently a spacer that can be installed below the O2 sensor that might help with the CEL.
Appreciate 0