Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
I couldn't believe myself
I never even tried to launch it thinking of how cumbersome and complicated it would be besides who needs it with Torque being at that low RPM!!

But why I am writing this!!
REASON IS!!
I believe we owe BMW and M division an apology for accusing them of complicating things when it comes to How To Launch Control M5!!

Goodness !!

Program M1 or M2 to:
S3 and DSC Completely Off and then

At any stop light it is 2 seconds !!
M button twice to confirm DSC alert! Without even looking!
No brake needed at level and actually too much brake will kill it and if you lighten up your foot it shows the Launch Control Alert Flag and if you push on the brake hard you see it go away!!
Brakes are not needed! Period!

All you need is that programmed M button S3+DSC Off x twice and Shift Knob forward and then gas pedal up to RPM 3000 and then let go of shift then!! and you can do it as many times as you want like a P car -

I was actually laughing at how easy it was to do it at every stop light and even every time car came to a stop like probably 2 sec period!!

M division nailed it on the head but they just didn't advertise it well enough and let Magazine People Smear their Launch Control !!

My analogy for it!
Like your Garage Home link and how cumbersome steps can be to program it but once you have it all programmed in one button you completely forget how hard it was first time! !

My 2 cents!
And yes I prefer it this way over a separate dedicated button for it because it makes sense that it's button is called M2 for instance and then it is your shift knob!!!
Evolving into a speed freak!!!! Quick, get the vaccine!!!
Appreciate 0